10/29/2008

Come to terms with (sth)!!!



Do you know what it means? It's an common expression in English.



Definition: reach an agreement; accept something difficult.


Explanation: Often used when speaking about the acceptance of a situation which is not necessarily to your liking.


e.g.


Speaking ahead of her much anticipated appearance at Torquay's Princess Theatre next month, the star said she was 'still coming to terms' with the loss of her sibling. Dionne Warwick


Now it's your turn to leave sentences using this expression:

3 comments:

MBS English Teaching said...

Two years after the automobile accident, I am finally coming to terms that I will be paralyzed for life.


John Robert Bohreer

Anonymous said...

My brother is coming to terms that reasons made our father leave me.


by Erley

Anonymous said...

Correcting:
My brother is coming to terms that reasons made our father leaves me.

by Erley