11/08/2009

Weird Cookies!!!


DEAR ABBY: I work in a small office with about 20 people. One lady often brings homemade cookies, cakes, candies and breads to the office. We eat and enjoy all she makes.
Yesterday I had to drop off some work at her home. She said she was making cookies and invited me in. Abby, her house and kitchen were filthy! Cats everywhere, some sticking their noses in the cookie dough. Insects were crawling over stacks of unwashed dishes and on the kitchen floor. I can't understand why no one became violently ill from eating what she prepared.
There is no way I will ever again eat anything she brings to the office. How can I stop eating her food without explaining why? Should I tell my co-workers what I saw?

-- Feeling ill in Illinois



DEAR FEELING ILL: If you tell your co-workers what you saw you'll only humiliate the woman. A more effective solution would be to tell the office manager what you saw and request that a new policy be instituted that discourages bringing homemade goodies to the office.

Now dear MBS student, it's your turn to leave your opinion down here:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next day, I would begin a diet radical!!!
Nothing carbohydrate, nothing sugar
Fabrícia

MBS English Teaching said...

Oh yeah! It would help me a lot too!! I think we need to visit some houses like that! LOL

Marcio

Jennifer Farias said...

It's very complicated. I think I would say that I was sick, and I would say that was an of her dishes, I'm would hurt her of course, but the truth could be worse, maybe she realize that her methods of cooking, wasn't appropriate.

Jennifer

Jennifer Farias said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MBS English Teaching said...

Oh yeah, it´s such a hard situation!! In moments like these we never know what to do exactly!!!